Ford Explorer vs. Chevrolet Traverse
2016 Ford Explorer
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
The 2016 Ford Explorer is an SUV without equal, something that Oswego and Naperville drivers soon appreciate when they compare it to competitors like the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse. Of course, the Traverse is still a good option, but even a quick comparison will demonstrate that it fails to keep pace with the Explorer. Keep reading to learn more about how the 2016 Ford Explorer stacks up to the 2016 Chevy Traverse.
Power and Efficiency Options
Ford are well-known among Oswego and Naperville drivers for offering a diverse selection of engine options with each vehicle, and the 2016 Explorer is no exception. Drivers will be able to select from three engines in order to arrive at their own perfect blend of power and efficiency, with options including:
- 3.5L Ti-VCT V6: Even the standard engine is able to command up to 290 horsepower and 255 lb-ft of torque, all while earning up to 17 mpg in the city and 24 on the highway.
- 2.3L I-4 EcoBoost: The EcoBoost is ultra-efficient, allowing you to achieve up to 19 mpg in the city and 28 on the highway. However, it still harnesses 280 horsepower and an impressive 310 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.5L V6 EcoBoost: For pure power, the 3.5L is able to put up to 365 horsepower and 350 lb-ft of torque at your disposal, but it still returns a respectable 16 mpg in the city and 22 on the highway.
In stark contrast, the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse only offers one engine across all trim levels. With an output of just 281 horsepower, it can’t compete with the Explorer, and it only earns up to 17 mpg in the city and 24 on the highway, significantly worse than the Explorer’s 280 horsepower 2.3L EcoBoost.
Comfort and Convenience Features
The 2016 Ford Explorer doesn’t stop at offering more engine options than the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse – there are also plenty of exclusive comfort and convenience features, including:
- Class-Exclusive PowerFold Third-Row Seat: At the touch of a button, your rear seats will fold completely flat. This creates a level load floor, so you’ll be able to take larger items with ease.
- Smart Parking Systems: With park out assist, perpendicular parking, and forward and side sensing systems, the Explorer can scan for suitable parking spaces, then take care of the steering while you shift, accelerate and brake.
- Available Front 180-Degree Camera: Allows you to see around obstacles and enjoy improved visibility while pulling out of a driveway, street, or parking lot.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: This intelligent cruise control system will automatically adjust your speed to compensate for the distance between your Explorer and the vehicle ahead.
The 2016 Ford Explorer Dominates Competitors Like the 2016 Chevy Traverse
Offering stronger outputs and higher efficiency ratings, plus a diverse array of exclusive features, the 2016 Explorer is able to effortlessly outpace the 2016 Traverse. To experience the Ford difference first-hand, just pay a visit to the River View Ford showroom today. We hope to see our Oswego and Naperville customers soon!