Ford F-150 vs. Ram 1500
2016 Ford F-150
2016 Ram 1500
The 2016 Ford F-150 provides Oswego and Naperville drivers with a level of capability, technology, and safety unmatched by competitors like the 2016 Ram 1500. From the revolutionary aluminum-alloy body to the high-end technologies that it houses, the 2016 Ford F-150 is impressive top to bottom, inside and out. Let’s take a closer look at how the 2016 F-150 compares to the 2016 Ram 1500.
The 2016 Ford F-150 has become a legend in its own time by adopting a forward-thinking body of military-grade aluminum alloy. More than 10 million miles of cumulative testing have gone into developing this ground-breaking body, making the 2016 F-150 up to 700 pounds lighter than the previous generation.
That makes traditional steel trucks like the 2016 Ram 1500 seem outdated in comparison, giving the F-150 a noticeable edge when it comes to performance.
- Towing: The F-150 offers a Best-in-Class tow rating of up to 12,200 lbs. The 1500 tops out at 10,810.
- Payload: You’ll be able to stack the cargo bed high and heavy thanks to a Best-in-Class maximum payload rating of 3,270 lbs. vs. just 1,897 lbs.s with the Ram 1500.
The cutting-edge aluminum-alloy body of the 2016 Ford F-150 will be enough to tempt most Oswego and Naperville drivers away from competitors like the 2016 Ram 1500, but it provides much more than leading capability ratings.
Drivers will also be able to take advantage of completely exclusive technologies to improve their ride, including:
- SYNC 3: This is Ford’s newly upgraded system, and it offers enhanced voice recognition technology, a capacitive touchscreen, Siri seamless integration, and available navigation.
- Class-Exclusive 360-Degree Camera with Split-View Display: Four cameras surrounding the F-150 are able to provide a 360-degree view of the area around the vehicle.
- Class-Exclusive Remote Tailgate Release: This innovative features makes loading and unloading just that little bit more convenient for busy drivers.
The 2016 Ford F-150 roundly outperforms the 2016 Ram 1500 when it comes to safety; in fact, it’s just been awarded Top Safety Pick status by the IIHS after achieving a top score of ‘Good’ in each crash test category. In stark contrast, the 1500 was given a score of ‘Marginal’ in terms of both child seat effectiveness and roof strength.
It should really come as no surprise that the 2016 F-150 has performed so impressively in crash test simulations – this is the safest F-150 to date. Its fully boxed frame features eight cross-members to ensure flawless resilience to damage, and an advanced restraint system with dual-stage airbags helps protect passengers from harm in the unlikely event of a collision occurring.
The 2016 Ford F-150 Outperforms the 2016 Ram 1500
If you’re look for a truck that outpaces the competition in terms of capability while offering flawless safety ratings and first-rate features, the 2016 Ford F-150 is your only real choice. To find out more, just contact one of the team at River View Ford. We can’t wait to put our Oswego and Naperville customers behind the wheel of this forward-thinking truck, so come see us soon to take it for a test drive!