River View Ford Sales Tax Explained
Does Oswego really have lower sales tax compared to it’s surrounding areas? YES. Please take a look at the following facts?
- Sales tax on titled items in Illinois is paid on a ST-556 tax return.
- For RETAIL items this particular tax is paid for (mostly) by selling location. (LEASES are by garaging location)
- River View’s taxing location is within the city limits of Oswego and Kendall county (which is not a Cook county collar county)
Details for tax rates:
Kendall County .25%
- Leases are taxed by garaging locations that could have different tax rates.
- Chicago has a home rule tax that is authorized on the ST-556
- Residents of Cook county must pay the Cook County Use tax on a different tax return type that we are not registered (or authorized) to collect.
- Sales tax on residents of other states vary by state
- Parts sales or service work is at 7.75%