The 2017 Ford Escape Impresses from Powertrain Options to MPG
Maybe you’re looking for a crossover that lets you explore the backcountry without having to accept poor mpg ratings across the roads of Oswego and Naperville; meet the 2017 Ford Escape. With three available engine options and a wealth of capability features, the Escape is able to walk the line between everyday commuter and weekend warrior, so it makes a smart choice for the crossover shopper. Let’s take a closer look now at the capabilities and fuel efficiency of the 2017 Ford Escape.
Power and Efficiency
Built to explore beyond the confines of city and highway, the 2017 Ford Escape possesses three separate engines for Oswego and Naperville drivers to choose between, and each one is mated to a state-of-the-art 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission system.
Engine options include:
- 2.5L iVCT I-4: The Escape’s new 168-horsepower, 170 lb-ft of torque four-cylinder engine features variable cam timing (iVCT) technology to ensure optimal power delivery across the whole power curve. You can expect to earn up to 21 mpg in the city and 29 on the highway.
- 1.5L EcoBoost I-4: The 1.5L is where drivers go to merge power with efficiency; with Auto Start-Spot technology coming as standard, the 1.5L earns up to 23 mpg in the city and 30 on the highway or 22 and 28 with 4WD. At the same time, turbocharging and direct-injection technology nets up to an impressive 179 horsepower and 177 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.0L Twin-Scroll EcoBoost: The Escape’s high-end powerhouse can put up to 245 horsepower 275 lb-ft of torque at your command, so this is the standout option for true off-roading and outdoor enthusiasts. Don’t worry, it still manages to return up to 22 mpg in the city and 29 on the highway with FWD or 20 and 27 with 4WD.
The awesome power held by the 2017 Ford Escape would be enough to move beyond competing SUVs in and of itself, but the vehicle is nowhere close to being done. You’ll also be able to take advantage of the following features to enjoy extreme backcountry capability:
- Intelligent 4WD System: This top-of-the-line system monitors traction and road conditions every 16 milliseconds, then transfers torque from front wheels to rear wheels to ensure flawless control over even the most treacherous terrain and in the most adverse weather conditions.
- Class II Tow Package: Includes trailer sway control to keep even the heaviest of loads well-behaved. With the tow package and 2.0L EcoBoost power, you’ll be able to haul up to a staggering 3,500 lbs.
- Roof Rack Side Rails: From bikes to kayaks, you’ll be able to place extra items atop the Escape’s bright silver roof rack side rails. You can even fit available crossbars for added carrying versatility.
The 2017 Ford Escape is Available Now at River View Ford
The Escape’s ability to blend performance and economy is valued across Oswego and Naperville, so this is definitely a crossover to consider. Why not come down to River View Ford to arrange a test drive today?