2018 Ford F-150 Performance is Best-in-Class
The 2018 Ford F-150 brings performance unequalled across the half-ton truck segment. Towing and payload ratings are at the top of its class, and there are four separate engines to deliver a diverse array of power options. Whether you need to tow between Plainfield and Aurora or simply handle with fleet-footed confidence in the center of Naperville, the 2018 Ford F-150 can make it happen.
- 3.3L TI-VCT V6: The new standard engine makes up to 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.7L EcoBoost V6: Makes up to 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.0L TI-VCT V8: Makes up to 395 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- 3.5L V6: Makes up to 375 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque, or up to 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque with the Raptor.
The entry-level 3.3L engine is mated to six-speed automatic transmission. All other engines receive 10-speed automatic transmission as standard.
It’s impossible to discuss 2018 Ford F-150’s performance without mentioning its high-strength, military-grade, aluminum-alloy body and fully-boxed steel frame. That kind of strength allows for a best-in-class payload rating of up to 3,270 pounds.
And the box is as innovative as it is capable thanks to an available Configurable Box Link System and the following optional features:
- Heavy-Duty Payload Package
- Class-Exclusive Remote Tailgate Release
- Class-Exclusive Integrated Tailgate Step with Lift Assist
- Class-Exclusive Deployable Box Side Steps
Even the strongest on-road performance counts for nothing in the face of poor tow ratings. Fortunately, the 2018 Ford F-150 doesn’t suffer from such a setback, with a maximum tow rating that reaches a best-in-class 13,200 pounds.
A class-exclusive Pro Trailer Backup Assist feature lets you back up and connect easily, and a Smart Trailer Tow Connector doesn’t hurt either. Once you’re moving, BLIS (Blind Spot Information System) with Trailer Coverage and Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller help keep you safe.