2018 Ford F-150 Utility: Power, Towing, and Payload
A modern half-ton truck should scream utility, and no rival deafens with capability like the 2018 Ford F-150. After all, this is a truck capable of offering:
- Up to 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of Torque
- Best-in-Class 13,200 lbs. Maximum Tow Rating
- Best-in-Class 3,270 lbs. Maximum Payload Rating
Read on to find out exactly how 2018 Ford F-150 utility emerges at the head of the half-ton class.
The 2018 Ford F-150 runs the gamut when it comes to power, with five separate output options across five state of the art engines.
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6: Generates up to 290 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6: Generates up to 325 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8: Generates up to 395 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque
- 3.5L V6 EcoBoost®: Generates up to 375 hp and 470 lb-ft of torque, or 450 hp and 510 lb-ft with the Raptor.
It isn’t power alone that ensures a Best-in-Class 13,200 lbs. maximum tow rating. The new Ford F-150 utilizes the line’s pioneering military-grade aluminum body and boxed steel frame to improve torsional rigidity while dropping weight by up to 700 lbs.
You’ll also find some of the most sophisticated towing technology right at your beck and call.
- Class-Exclusive Pro Trailer Backup Assist System
- Dynamic Hitch Assist
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller
- Blind Spot Information System with Trailer Coverage
When you need to carry supplies between Plainfield and Naperville instead of hauling a trailer from Aurora to Chicago, the 2018 Ford F-150’s Best-in-Class 3,270 lbs. maximum payload sure comes in handy. You’ll stack a cargo bed of one of three available lengths:
- 5.5-foot Short Box
- 6.5-foot Regular Box
- 8-foot Long Box
With the Class-Exclusive Remote Tailgate Release feature, you can lock, unlock, or even lower the tailgate remotely for added convenience.