Ford’s Sync 3: a New Era of Voice-Activated Technology
The third generation of Ford’s voice-activated technology further refines and enhances the infotainment features that Plainfield and Naperville drivers love. Sync 3 is available with the 2016 Ford Escape and the 2016 Ford Fiesta, but it will make its way throughout the automaker’s lineup soon.
What’s New With Sync 3?
Sync 3 starts with an enhanced interface and improved responsiveness, and it goes from there. Other features that make Sync 3 special include:
- Color touchscreen displays phone, audio, and available navigation functions
- Responds naturally to simple, real-world commands
- Responds faster than previous Sync iterations to both touch and voice commands
- Optional navigation features make it easy to find restaurants, a nearby ATM, and more
- Seamless integration with Apple’s Siri
- Able to download software updates over Wi-Fi
- Enhanced 911 Assist
The new Sync 3 system also features an interface that is more intuitive than ever, emulating smartphones by offering swipe and pinch controls, larger fonts, and tile-like icons.
Mark LaNeve, Ford’s vice president of U.S. marketing, sales, and service, said, “Sync has always been about providing a safer way for our customers to connect their smartphones in order to keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel,” adding, “Customers continue to tell us they want this technology, and they want it to be easy to use. Sync 3 delivers on that request.”
Experience Sync 3 at River View Ford
Sync 3 has the potential to revolutionize your experience on the road. Drivers in the Plainfield and Naperville areas who want to see it in action can do so when they visit River View Ford in Oswego, IL.