Tow Up to 5,000 Pounds With the 2018 Ford Explorer
Already a sought-after family SUV thanks to its spacious seven-passenger capacity, the 2018 Ford Explorer also offers up to 5,000 pounds of towing, plus:
- A Choice of Three Sophisticated Engines
- Up to a 365 hp With a V6
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control
- Class III Trailer Tow Package
- Curve Control
- Terrain Management System
The 2018 Ford Explorer calls on three available engines to deliver its competitive tow ratings.
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6: Uses turbocharging and direct injection to harness up to a best-in-class 365 V6 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.3L EcoBoost Four-Cylinder: Generates up to 280 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque — soaring specs for a four-cylinder.
- 3.5L Ti-VCT V6: With twin independent variable camshaft timing, the standard V6 puts you in command of up to 290 hp and 255 lb-ft of torque. Variable control expertly optimizes performance across low, mid, and high ranges of the power band.
Power alone isn’t what gives the 2018 Ford Explorer such dependable towing capability. There are brains behind that brawn, with features including:
- AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control: The brakes and engine power are selectively adjusted to maintain proper trailer control. Even when you’re towing right up to the 5,000 pounds maximum between Plainfield and Aurora, you can expect exceptional stability.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package: Comes standard with engine oil cooler, wiring harness, and tow hitch.
- Curve Control: When the Explorer senses that you’re heading into a curve too fast, Curve Control decreases speed by as much as 10 mph by employing throttle reduction and four-wheel braking. It’s vital for control, especially when you’re towing heavy, and it comes standard across the new Explorer lineup.
And if you’d like to enjoy heavy-duty towing across trail and backcountry, simply look to the Terrain Management System to tackle everything from snow and sand to gravel and grass.
The 2018 Ford Explorer Combines Family-Friendly Comfort With Capable Towing
The 2018 Ford Explorer is now available from River View Ford. If you’re in Plainfield, Aurora, or Naperville, contact us today to find out more or arrange a test drive.