2015 Ford Focus vs. 2015 Honda Civic
Thanks to its advanced features, roomy cabin, and excellent performance, the Ford Focus has a rich legacy of leading the compact segment. The 2015 Ford Focus is exceptionally well-rounded and we’re proud to offer it here at River View ford.
We have no doubts that our customers from Plainfield and Naperville will be more than satisfied with the 2015 Ford Focus, but we understand that some drivers may consider competitors like the 2015 Honda Civic. Read on to find out why the Focus is the superior choice.
When you opt for the 2015 Focus, you can select one of three powertrains to meet your specific power and efficiency needs. The engines available on the Focus are as follows:
- 2.0L Ti-VCT: This standard engine is capable of 160 hp as well as 27 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway when paired with a six-speed automatic transmission. It can also be paired with a five-speed manual.
- 1.0L EcoBoost: If you’re interested in efficiency, you won’t be disappointed with the 1.0L EcoBoost, which offers 30 mpg in the city and an impressive 42 mpg on the highway when paired with a six-speed manual transmission.
- 2.0L EcoBoost: For stunning power, Naperville drivers will love the 2.0L EcoBoost. It can generate 252 hp and an astounding 270 Ib-ft of torque.
The 2015 Honda Civic is only available with a 1.8L i-VTEC engine on every model. When coupled with the available continuously variable transmission, the Civic’s fuel economy is only 30 mpg in the city and 39 mpg on the highway. These numbers are respectable, but are bested by Ford.
Get More for Less with the Focus
The 2015 Focus starts at a base price of $17,170 while the 2015 Civic starts at $18,490. Aside from saving over $1,000 when you pick the Focus, you’ll enjoy a variety of standard features that are either unavailable or require an upgrade on the Civic. Some of these notable standard conveniences include:
- Keyless entry
- Integrated blind-spot mirrors
- Ford’s MyKey
- Ford’s Sync voice-activated phone and audio player interface with Bluetooth connectivity
A Spacious Interior
If cargo space is important to you, the 2015 Focus is your best bet. With all the passengers seated, the Focus hatchback provides 23.8 cubic feet of cargo feet. For additional space, you can fold down and stow the 60/40-split second-row seats for 44.8 cubic feet of cargo in hatchback models. The Civic, however, only offers 12.5 cubic feet of standard cargo room, and is not available as a hatchback.
Test Drive the 2015 Ford Focus Near Naperville
To get behind the wheel of this remarkable car, we invite you to visit River View Ford, a top Ford dealer near Plainfield and Naperville. Once you drive the 2015 Ford Focus, you’ll wonder why you ever considered an alternative vehicle.