2016 Ford Escape vs. 2016 Mazda CX-5
Compared to the 2016 Mazda CX-5, the 2016 Ford Escape offers Oswego and Naperville drivers a stronger ride, superior technology, and noticeably more cargo room. It’s one of the most innovative and enjoyable crossovers on the market, and it blows all of its competitors out of the water.
Power and Performance
Crossovers don’t require the same kind of power as full-sized SUVs, but they still require a capable engine beneath the hood if they’re to provide superior performance. That’s why the 2016 Escape offers three available engines:
- 2.5L Duratec: Even the standard engine produces 168 horsepower and 170 lb-ft of torque.
- 1.6L EcoBoost: Employing both turbocharging and direct injection technology, the 1.6L generates 178 horsepower and 184 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.0L EcoBoost: Provides an earth-shattering 240 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque.
In contrast, the CX-5 offers only two engines. Standard output comes in at 155 horsepower – far less than the 2016 Escape’s standard 2.5L – and the most you’ll have at your disposal is 184 horsepower with the CX-5’s available 2.5L SKYACTIV-G. Is it any wonder that the 2016 Escape leaves the 2016 CX-5 eating its dust?
Crossovers are built to go anywhere and accommodate every part of your busy lifestyle, so the 2016 Ford Escape provides a wealth of interior space. It’s particularly impressive when it comes to cargo room, especially when compared against the 2016 Mazda CX-5:
- Standard Cargo Room: Even with all seats upright, the Escape provides 34.3 cubic feet vs. just 34.1 in the CX-5.
- Extended Cargo Room: Fold the rear seats down for up to 67.8 cubic feet in the Escape vs. only a maximum of 64.8 in the CX-5.
The Escape also enjoys the distinction of providing Oswego and Naperville drivers with an eco-friendly interior. You might not believe it after sampling the luxurious inner trim, but the cabin uses over 10 pounds of recovered cotton and includes carpeting made from a blend of post-consumer and post-industrial polyester fibers.
Comfort and Convenience
The 2016 Ford Escape scores points over the 2016 Mazda CX-5 when it comes to interior space, but it doesn’t come close to stopping there. Not just spacious, the 2016 Escape is also thoroughly state of the art, allowing Oswego and Naperville drivers to take advantage of features that cannot be found in the 2016 CX-5, including:
- Active Park Assist: Ultrasonic sensors identify viable parking spaces, then help guide you in; all you need to do is shift, accelerate, and brake.
- Class-Exclusive Hands-Free Liftgate: With the Intelligent Access key in your pocket of purse, the liftgate can be opened with just a move of your foot beneath the rear bumper, so loading and unloading is easy as pie.
The 2016 Ford Escape Utterly Outperforms the 2016 Mazda CX-5
The 2016 Ford Escape is strong, spacious, and smart – the 2016 Mazda CX-5 didn’t stand a chance. To test-drive yours today, don’t hesitate to contact one of the team at River View Ford. We can’t wait to put our Oswego and Naperville customers behind the wheel of this impressive crossover!