2016 Ford F-150 vs. 2016 Chevrolet Colorado
2016 Ford F-150
2016 Chevrolet Colorado
The 2016 Ford F-150 presents the next generation of trucking to Oswego and Naperville drivers, overpowering, out-equipping, and outthinking the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado. Named ‘Best Truck Brand’ by U.S. News & World Report and ‘Best Buy of the Year’ among trucks by Kelley Blue Book’s KBB.com, the 2016 Ford F-150 is the future. See how it dominates the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado in this quick comparison.
There’s just no getting away from the fact that the 2016 Ford F-150’s revolutionary use of military-grade aluminum alloy has left vehicles like the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado seeming both dainty and outdated.
More than 10 million miles of cumulative testing went into the new body, which has been made both stronger than previous models and 700 pounds lighter than the previous generation. That means acceleration, handling, and braking responsiveness are all taken to the extreme. The 2016 Chevrolet Colorado still uses a traditional steel body; that’s fine, but it means that you’ll be driving a truck well on its way to obsolesce.
The 2016 Ford F-150’s innovative design means that it offers a Best-in-Class tow rating of up to 12,200 lbs. and a Best-in-Class maximum payload rating of 3,270 lbs. Compare those figures to the Colorado’s maximum tow rating of 7,700 lbs. and maximum payload of 1,580 lbs., and you’ll begin to appreciate the vast gulf between these two vehicles
However, that’s really just the beginning. The F-150 also makes towing and carrying easier than ever, with the following features.
- For Carrying: A Class-Exclusive BoxLink comes as standard to help you hold down any kind of load, with available Class-Exclusive stowable loading ramps to load ATVs and a Class-Exclusive tailgate step for easy access.
- For Towing: Dynamic Hitch Assist lets you direct your hitch ball to the trailer receiver; Smart Trailer Tow Connector informs you of trailer connectivity issues; 8-inch Productivity Screen displays towing information; Trailer Sway Control and Trailer Brake Controller ensure safety.
The 2016 Ford F-150 doesn’t just outperform the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado in terms of capability; there’s also a whole host of onboard technologies that can only be found in the former.
- SYNC3: This newly upgraded system boasts enhanced voice recognition, a capacitive touchscreen, Siri seamless integration, and available navigation.
- Class-Exclusive 360-Degree Camera with Split-View Display: Uses four cameras – one in the grille, tailgate, and under each of the sideview mirrors – to provide a 360-degree view of the area around your F-150.
- Class-Exclusive Remote Tailgate Release: Makes loading and unloading just that little bit more convenient.
The 2016 Ford F-150 Outperforms the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado in Every Way Which Matters
The forward-thinking F-150 can tow more, carry more, and offer more than the 2016 Chevrolet Colorado. To test-drive the most celebrated light truck on the road today, just come down to the showroom at River View Ford. We hope to see our Oswego and Naperville customers soon!