Ford Escape vs. Honda CR-V
2016 Ford Escape
2016 Honda CR-V
The 2016 Ford Escape has a lot more to offer Oswego and Naperville drivers than the 2016 Honda CR-V. With more engines options and advanced features, it’s clear that the 2016 Escape powers past the 2016 CR-V in more ways than one. Keep reading to see a quick comparison of these two crossovers and see for yourself which one comes out on top.
The 2016 Honda CR-V falls short in terms of power and choice, offering only one engine option across all trims for Oswego and Naperville drivers. The 2.4L 4-cylinder engine produces only 185 hp and 181 lb-ft of torque. 2WD and AWD are both available, as is a Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT). The 2016 Ford Escape, on the other hand, offers drivers three beautifully designed engines to choose from, including:
- 2.5L Duratec – This entry-level engine comes standard with a 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission and front-wheel drive, and it can produce up to 168 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque — more than enough for everyday driving. While the power may be less than in the 2.4L engine on the CR-V, the towing capacity is the same at 1,500 pounds.
- 1.6L EcoBoost – The 1.6L engine produces up to 178 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque and is available with intelligent 4WD, which monitors traction and cornering conditions every 16 milliseconds and automatically adjusts torque distribution where needed. This model can tow significantly more than the CR-V even with less power — up to 2,000 pounds.
- 2.0L EcoBoost – Drivers wanting more power for their cross-country adventures will want to choose this 2.0L engine, which produces significantly more than the CR-V with up to 240 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque. Towing is also maximized with the available Class II Trailer Tow Package, which enables drivers to tow up to 3,500 pounds.
Honda is known for its technology, so it may come as a surprise to Oswego and Naperville shoppers that the 2016 Escape comes with several features that the 2016 CR-V does not. Some of these advanced features include:
- Active Park Assist – This feature makes parallel parking easy. Ultrasonic sensors measure the distance to the curb and between other parked cars; when a big enough spot is identified, you’re signaled to stop and accept the system’s assistance, which will then help guide the vehicle smoothly into place.
- Class-Exclusive Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Liftgate – This exclusive feature allows drivers to easily open the trunk of the Escape with the kick of a foot. Gone are the days where you have to fumble for your keys to open the trunk with full hands.
Get Your 2016 Ford Escape at River View Ford
To take the 2016 Ford Escape for a test drive, head to River View Ford today! We can’t wait to put our Oswego and Naperville customers behind the wheel of this advanced crossover. If you need more information or want to arrange a test-drive, contact us online or call 888-994-1003. We look forward to seeing you soon!