Ford Escape vs. Toyota RAV4
2016 Ford Escape
2016 Toyota RAV4
When it comes to crossovers, two of the best on the market are the 2016 Ford Escape and the 2016 Toyota RAV4. But which one is the better option for Oswego and Naperville families? Keep reading to learn more about the engine options and features that make the 2016 Ford Escape the clear winner.
Oswego and Naperville crossover buyers that want to select the power that suits their needs need to opt for the 2016 Ford Escape over the 2016 Toyota RAV4. The 2016 Escape offers three engines to the 2016 RAV4’s one, so shoppers will be able to pick a powertrain that’s well-suited to their driving habits. The following options are available on the 2016 Ford Escape:
- 2.5L Duratec – The 2.5L entry-level engine is noteworthy with power up to 168 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque. This engine comes standard with a 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. It can also earn up to 22 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway.
- 1.6L EcoBoost – For a more efficient ride, choose the 1.6L EcoBoost which offers up to 23 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway with FWD or 22 mpg city and 29 mpg highway with the available Intelligent 4WD system. It also produces up to 178 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque.
- 2.0L EcoBoost – Drivers wanting more power for their off-road adventures will want to choose this 2.0L engine that produces up to 240 hp and 270 lb-ft of torque. FWD and 4WD are both available, along with a 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission. Towing is also maximized with this engine and the available Class II Trailer Tow Package, enabling drivers to tow up to 3,500 pounds.
The 2016 Toyota RAV4 offers a 2.5-Liter 4-cylinder engine across all of its four trims. The 2.5L engine offers only 176 hp and 172 lb-ft of torque — less than both the 1.6L and 2.0L engines on the Escape – and it only gets 31 mpg on the highway, which is less than what the Escape’s 1.6L engine will earn.
Both the 2016 Escape and the 2016 RAV4 can be equipped with advanced automotive technology, but the Escape offers more for less and even has class-exclusive features that are not available on the RAV4. The following features are available on the 2016 Ford Escape Titanium but can’t be found on any trim on the 2016 Toyota RAV4:
- Power Panoramic Vista Roof – A moonroof is available on the RAV4, but you won’t find a panoramic one that stretches across the front and back seat like you will on the Escape.
- Hands-Free, Foot-Activated Liftgate – Oswego and Naperville drivers can open the liftgate on the Escape with a kick of the foot so you never have to fumble with keys again when your hands are full.
Drive the 2016 Ford Escape at River View Ford
We are thrilled to offer the 2016 Ford Escape to our Oswego and Naperville customers, and we will be happy to put you behind the wheel for a test drive. For more information, contact us online or call 888-994-1003. We hope to see you soon!