Ford Explorer vs. Dodge Durango
2016 Ford Explorer
2016 Dodge Durango
With so many seemingly similar vehicles on the market in Naperville and Oswego today, finding the time to compare them all is nearly impossible. We’ve made finding the right vehicle to fit your needs easy by comparing the 2016 Ford Explorer to a common competitor, the 2016 Dodge Durango. Keep reading to find out who comes out on top.
The Dodge Durango limits drivers to 2 powertrain options, while the Ford Explorer gives 3 options to fit the needs of any driver. The Explorer’s engines also offer greater efficiency than the Durango’s.
- 2.3L EcoBoost I-4 – Optional for the Explorer, XLT, and Limited trims, and achieves up to 28 mpg highway with FWD.
- 3.5L EcoBoost V6 – Standard on the Sport and Platinum trims, and manages 22 mpg highway with FWD.
- 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 – Standard on the Explorer, XLT, and Limited trims, and gives Naperville and Oswego drivers up to 24 mpg highway to work with when equipped with FWD.
- 3.6L Pentastar V6 – Offers up to 27 mpg highway with RWD.
- 5.7L HEMI V8 – Offers up to 22 mpg highway with RWD.
The 2016 Explor offers more choices and superior efficiency than the 2016 Durango, which should appeal to drivers around Naperville and Oswego who want to spend less time at the pump.
Comfort and Convenience
For how much time the average person spends in their vehicle, comfort and convenience are important factors. Ford is well aware of this and takes convenience to the next level by offering more advanced features as standard on the majority of their trim options. Some of these valuable options that the Durango forgets to include with its base trim are:
- Remote Start – With the added assistance of remote start, the Ford Explorer gives drivers easy access on those days when everything seems to take too much time.
- Blind Spot Information System – Being able to always be aware of what may be out of your view is an important ability to have, which is why the Blind Spot Information System is so valuable to drivers.
- Easy Fuel Capless Filler – Making fueling your vehicle take one less step, the Easy Fuel capless filler makes trips to the gas station quick and painless.
Though the Ford Explorer and the Dodge Durango have many similar features in the technology department, the Durango fails to include many of the same features as standard on their trims and instead they are optional for an additional price — some of these features include a rearview camera and Ford’s SYNC system. Aside from that, the Dodge altogether forgets to add elements like a perimeter alarm system or an available enhanced 12 speaker system to accommodate the vehicle’s size — with the Durango, you can’t get more than nine speakers.
Get What You Deserve With the 2016 Ford Explorer
With so many available features, the 2016 Ford Explorer easily outclasses the 2016 Dodge Durango. Test drive one yourself near Naperville by visiting River View Ford at 2200 US Highway 30 in Oswego, IL, by contacting us online, or by calling 888-994-1003.