2017 Ford F-150 vs. 2017 Ram 1500
2017 Ford F-150
2017 Ram 1500
Naperville and Oswego drivers will find that the 2017 Ram 1500 feels significantly underpowered and underequipped when compared to a Class-Leader like the 2017 Ford F-150. With only three available engines to the F-150’s five, plus drastically reduced capability ratings, the 1500 was never going to catch up, and the gap is widened even further by Ford’s outstanding selection of high-end features. Keep reading to see how the F-150 compares to the Ram 1500 in terms of muscle and capability.
The 2017 Ram 1500 might look powerful when you don’t compare it to anything else, but its robustness will quickly start to crumple when you introduce the 2017 Ford F-150.
The Ram 1500’s entry-level 3.6L V6 is capable of putting you in control of up to 305 horsepower and 269 lb-ft of torque. With up to 375 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque on tap, the F-150’s own 3.5L V6 blows the 1500’s away.
Such trends continue with each vehicle’s high-end powerhouses. The 1500’s 395-horsepower, 410 lb-ft of torque V8 falls flat next to even the F-150’s EcoBoost V6, not to mention the Ford’s available High-Output upgrade which commands 450 horsepower and 510 lb-ft of torque. Even the vaunted Ram EcoDiesel can’t match that for torque, coming in at just 420 lb-ft, and its horsepower rating peaks at just 240.
It’s easy to look at those specs on paper and decide that the 2017 Ford F-150 is going to overpower the 2017 Ram 1500 on any given day of the week, but it’s another thing to see how those differences in output really play out in the real world.
One of the best ways to get an idea of how output affects capability is by comparing towing and payload scores, so let’s do just that.
- Towing: The 2017 Ford F-150 is able to haul up to a colossal 12,200 lbs. The Ram is rated for only up to 10,700 lbs., so it would pull itself apart trying to match the F-150.
- Payload: With a Best-in-Class maximum payload of up to 3,270 lbs., the Ford F-150 brushes aside the competition. The Ram’s maximum of 1,900 lbs. looks pretty underwhelming in comparison.
The 2017 Ford F-150 isn’t just more powerful and capable than the 2017 Ram 1500 – it also offers some high-end technologies that its competitor cannot provide.
- 360-Degree Camera with Split-View Display: You can check out a bird’s-eye view of the surrounding area thanks to multiple cameras positioned around the vehicle.
- Class-Exclusive Active Park Assist: Helps select an appropriate parallel parking space and then controls steering as you slip inside.
- SYNC 3: Offering lightning performance, enhanced voice recognition, and Wi-Fi updates, the F-150’s infotainment system is one of the best around.
Explore the 2017 Ford F-150 Further by Visiting River View Ford Today
Nothing demonstrates the superiority of the 2017 Ford F-150 quite as effectively as a comparison with the 2017 Ram 1500. If you’d like to find out more about the new F-150, just contact one of the team here at River View Ford today. We can’t wait to get our Naperville and Oswego customers behind the wheel of this highly-capable truck, so make sure you come see us soon to take it for a test drive.