Ford Focus vs. Mazda3
2016 Ford Focus
Drivers from Oswego and Naperville who are looking for a smaller sedan have plenty of choices available, and that final decision often comes down to the 2016 Ford Focus vs. the 2016 Mazda3. That should come as no surprise – both vehicles offer a fun-to-drive ride, impressive efficiency ratings, and strong safety ratings, plus plenty of standard and available features. However, a closer look is enough to see which model comes out on top. Let’s explore both models now.
The 2016 Ford Focus has been expertly sculpted to instantly appeal to Oswego and Naperville drivers, with a wide, confident stance, sharp details, and long, flowing curves. At the same time, its dragon-eye headlamps and signature grille convey the sense of boundless energy. The 2016 Mazda3 looks a little uninspiring in comparison, and it’s also a little less spacious inside. There’s only 12.4 cubic feet in the trunk vs a considerably more generous 13.2 in the 2016 Ford Focus.
Of course, any drivers who would rather focus on pure performance styling should opt for the Focus ST, which offers:
- Unique Body kit with lower valances and rocker moldings
- High-mounted rear spoiler
- 8-inch machined aluminum wheels with black-painted pockets and red brake calipers
- LED signature lighting
- HID headlamps
No trim level or available package of the 2016 Mazda3 comes close to matching the distinctive styling of the Focus ST.
Compared to the 2016 Mazda3, the 2016 Ford Focus provides drivers with a number of advantages when it comes to technology. Keyless entry, for example, comes as standard with the Focus but not with the Mazda3, and the latter entirely lacks the Focus’ innovative Active Park Assist feature, which uses ultrasonic sensors to enable semi-autonomous parallel parking.
However, it’s in terms of the Focus’ Ford-Exclusive technology that the vehicle really separates itself from the competition.
- Ford MyKey: Parents can program a restricted driving mode to promote good driving habits in those they lend their car to. When enabled, you can see how many miles have been driven. You can also set a maximum speed limit, speed limit reminders, and a maximum allowable volume for the vehicle’s onboard sound system.
- SYNC3: The SYNC3 system has been newly designed for 2016 models. It boasts an easy-to-use design and high-speed performance, plus Siri seamless integration and enhanced voice recognition software for effortless voice control, though you can also control your interface from the capacitive touchscreen with swipe capability.
The 2016 Ford Focus is Able to Edge Ahead of the 2016 Mazda3
The 2016 Mazda3 is a solid choice for a smaller sedan, but it still takes second-place to the 2016 Focus thanks to Ford’s outstanding design philosophy and exclusive equipment. If you’d like to experience the new Focus for yourself, or find out more, just come down to River View Ford today. We hope to see our Oswego and Naperville customers soon!