2017 Ford Mustang vs. 2017 Chevrolet Camaro
2017 Ford Mustang
2017 Chevrolet Camaro
The 2017 Ford Mustang evokes American muscle like no other car in the world, including the 2017 Chevy Camaro. For Naperville and Oswego drivers who require authentic US power and a string of cutting-edge performance features, nothing is going to come close to matching the bold new Ford Mustang. Keep reading to see how the 2017 Mustang compares to the 2017 Camaro.
Engines and Performance
If you want to get an idea of what the 2017 Ford Mustang is all about, you really only need to take a peek at its four outstanding engine options:
- 3.7L V6: Even the base engine is able to supply up to 300 horsepower and 280 lb-ft of torque, with twin independent variable camshaft timing (Ti-VCT) technology ensuring precise timing and control.
- 2.3L Turbocharged EcoBoost: Makes up to 310 horsepower and 320 lb-ft of torque, all while allowing up to a sensational 21 mpg in the city and 30 on the highway.
- 5.0L V8: Large intake and exhaust valves combine to provide up to 435 horsepower and 400 lb-ft of torque.
- Shelby GT350 5.2L Flat Plane Crank V8: Kicks out an incredible 526 horsepower and 429 lb-ft of torque.
The 2017 Chevy Camaro looks like a distinctively unmuscular muscle car in contrast. It starts with a 2.0L four-cylinder capable of just 275 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque, with an available 455-horsepower 6.5L V8 seriously failing to make the grade against the Mustang’s available Shelby GT350.
There’s no doubt that the engine you choose for your 2017 Ford Mustang will form the powerfully beating heart of your drive, but it pulls away from competitors like the 2017 Chevrolet Camaro in terms of more than just pure power.
Here are just a few of the exclusive performance amenities that will help you take your ride to the next level:
- EcoBoost Performance Package: Unique chassis tuning, summer-only tires, 19-inch aluminum wheels, and enhanced brakes bring just that little bit extra to your Mustang experience.
- GT Performance Package: Delivers a TORSEN differential with 3.73 axle ratio and Brembo six-piston front brake calipers with enlarged rotors
- Launch Control: Combines braking, traction, and powertrain control to ensure consistent starts off the line every time you hit the gas.
- Track Apps: Delivers real-time performance information to help you hone your skills, including lateral and longitudinal g-forces, acceleration times, and automatic countdown starts. Electronic Line-Lock keeps the front brakes locked while Mustang is in gear to warm up the rear tires.
The 2017 Ford Mustang is in a League of its Own
The 2017 Ford Mustang overflows with power, style, and high-end technologies; even the legendary Camaro looks pedestrian in comparison. If you’d like to handle the new Ford Mustang for yourself, just pay a visit to River View Ford today. We can’t wait to put our Naperville and Oswego customers behind the wheel of this powerful beast of a car, so make sure you come see us soon to take it for a test drive!