2019 Ford Edge vs. 2019 Ford Escape
Comparing the new Ford Edge vs. Escape to decide which you prefer to drive around Naperville? If so, River View Ford is here to help. Both are strong options for Montgomery drivers, considering that they both:
- Backed by three years or 36,000 miles of basic warranty coverage and five years or 60,000 miles of powertrain warranty coverage and roadside assistance.
- Achieve comparable fuel economy returns in the city and on the highway from their introductory engines.
- Comfortably seat up to five people.
- Provide a maximum towing capacity of 3,500 pounds when properly equipped.
2.7L turbocharged V6 rated at 335 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque
2.0L turbocharged inline-four rated at 245 hp and 275 lb-ft of torque
22 mpg city and 29 mpg highway
23 mpg city and 30 mpg highway
One key difference in comparing the Ford Edge vs. Ford Escape is their performance capabilities.
- Edge: An introductory 2.0L inline-four engine generates 245 hp and 275 lb-ft of torque, while a secondary 2.7L turbocharged V6 makes 335 hp and 380 lb-ft of torque.
- Escape: The base 2.5L inline-four engine produces 168 hp and 170 lb-ft of torque, whereas a secondary 1.5L turbocharged inline-four reaches 179 hp and 177 lb-ft of torque. There’s also a the same 2.0L turbocharged inline-four as the Edge, rated at 245 hp and 275 lb-ft of torque.
These two Ford SUVs also differ in many of their capacities.
- Fuel Capacity: The Ford Edge holds 18.5 gallons of gas, and the new Ford Escape holds 15.7 gallons of gas.
- Cargo Capacity: The Ford Edge is a midsize SUV that provides 39.2 cubic feet of cargo volume, while the Ford Escape is a compact SUV that offers 34.0 cubic feet of cargo volume.
Find Your Ford SUV at River View Ford
Browse River View Ford’s inventory of new Ford Edge models, along with our selection of new Ford Escape models, before visiting the dealership for a test drive! Yorkville drivers also have the opportunity to apply for financing ahead of their visit so that they can focus on picking out their favorite Ford SUV!