Get the Safety Inspired 2012 Focus at River View Ford in Oswego
The 2012 Ford Focus Here at River View Ford in Oswego Provides Safety to All Passengers
If you are looking to purchase a new vehicle, most likely you want one that is attractive, enjoyable to drive, and most of all, safe. The new 2012 Ford Focus has gone through over 12,000 real world and virtual crash tests to ensure that the Focus excels when it comes to protecting it’s driver and passengers.
Safety Features of the New 2012 Ford Focus
The 2012 Ford Focus here at River View Ford in Oswego, comes loaded with excellent hi-tech safety features, many of them are new for this year. The collection of safety enhancements include:
- Ford’s next-generation driver-front airbag with enhanced chest protection technology. This new airbag helps lessen the impact of the airbag on the driver’s chest and ribs in frontal crashes by using a reconfigured curve-shaped tether system that pulls in the lower section and creates a “pocket.”
- Ford’s innovative side airbags feature unique shoulder vents that remain open and reduce pressure for smaller passengers.
- For the first time ever, the Focus is Ford’s very first car ever to feature Adaptive Venting Technology in it’s front passenger airbags. This technology diverts some of the gas from the air bag inflators through vents outside of the airbags. The level of venting is based on seat position via the restraints control module. These new airbags enhance neck and head protection by better matching the occupants size to the force of deployment.
- B-pillar reinforcement that provides enhanced crash protection
- AdvanceTrac® with Electronic Stability Control – If this system detects that the vehicle is about to roll, the system will automatically apply additional countermeasures in order to enhance vehicle rollover resistance.
- Anti-lock Braking System – causes the wheels on a car to continue interacting tractively with the road surface as directed by driver steering inputs while braking, thus, preventing the wheels from locking up to avoiding skidding and sliding.
- Traction Control – designed to prevent loss of traction of driven road wheels and enhances driver control.
- Three-point, height-adjustable seat belts for each passenger – This for proper placement of seatbelt across the passengers body.
- LATCH System – These anchors are specifically designed for carseat installation.
- Pretensioners – These remove the slack from the vehicle’s shoulder belts at the moment of impact, thus, preventing the occupant from traveling too far forward before being restrained.
- The 2012 Focus is backed by Ford’s 5 year/60,000 Powertrain warranty.
Osewgo’s River View Ford Has an Excellent Selection of New 2012 Ford Focus’s
Stop into River View Ford in Oswego today and check out our large selection of new 2012 Ford Focus’s in stock and ready for purchase. We are dedicated to providing our customers with the very best in customer service and satisfaction. We are your #1 Ford dealer in Illinois.