Tow in Complete Confidence with the 2017 Ford Explorer
Offering three engine options, economical fuel ratings, and an array of useful features, the 2017 Ford Explorer redefines smart and easy towing. Available in five trims – Base, XLT, Limited, Sport, and Platinum – the Explorer lets Oswego and Naperville drivers choose the right blend of trailering power and fuel-efficiency for them. Keep reading to learn more about the Explorer SUV’s muscular powertrains and clever towing features.
Impressive Trailering Capacities
Designed to meet the needs of Oswego and Naperville drivers in terms of performance, towing, and fuel economy, the 2017 Ford Explorer SUV offers three engine options:
- Standard on the base and XLT, the 290-hp 3.5L V6 enginetows as much as 5,000 pounds with front- or four-wheel drive. With front-wheel drive and the standard 6-speed automatic transmission, the 3.5L V6 engine earns an EPA-estimated 17 mpg city/24 mpg highway rating.
- Available for the base and XLT and standard on the Limited, the 280-hp 2.3L turbo EcoBoost 4-cylinder enginetrailers a max of 2,000 pounds in conjunction with front- and all-wheel drive. The turbo EcoBoost 4-cylinder offers the highest fuel economy of the Explorer family with an EPA-estimated 18 mpg city/25 mpg highway rating with four-wheel drive or 19/27 with front-wheel drive.
- Standard on the Sport and Platinum, the 365-hp 3.5L turbo EcoBoost V6 engine tows up to 5,000 pounds. Four-wheel drive is standard with this engine, netting the Explorer an EPA-estimated 16 mpg city/22 mpg highway rating.
Must-Have Towing Features
The 2017 Ford Explorer offers a wide variety of standard and optional towing technologies and features for smooth, hassle-free transport:
- Rearview Camera: The standard rearview camera assists with reversing and trailer hitching, giving you an advantage in close quarters.
- Trailer Sway Control: Standard AdvanceTrac with Roll Stability Control also includes Trailer Sway Control, which uses course-correcting technology to stabilize the Explorer and its cargo.
- Optional Class III Trailer Tow Package: Featuring an engine oil cooler, a wiring harness, and a tow hitch, this package makes family vacations, business trips, etc. possible.
See What the 2017 Ford Explorer Can Do Today!
If you’re searching for a powerful SUV with impressive towing capacities, the 2017 Ford Explorer may be the ideal vehicle for you. To book a test drive, contact the sales team at River View Ford Monday through Saturday. Our dealership is conveniently located at 2200 US Highway 30 in Oswego, IL – just 20 minutes west of Naperville!