How Much Can the Ford Expedition Tow?
Curious about how much the new Ford Expedition can tow for your adventures outside of Naperville? In addition to 8-person seating and maximum cargo space measuring between 104.6 cubic feet and 121.5 cubic feet, the Ford Expedition boasts best-in-class towing* at a max of 9,300 pounds. Learn more with River View Ford!
Ford Expedition Towing Capacity
The 2019 Ford Expedition towing capacity of 9,300 pounds is made possible thanks to the standard 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 engine, which delivers 375 horsepower and 470 lb.-ft. of torque. However, this is only when the Expedition is properly equipped with the Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package. Otherwise, the towing capacity changes depending on the drivetrain setup you select. Front-wheel drive MAX 4×2 and 4×4 systems, for example, tow up to 9,000 pounds, while the Expedition 4×4 tows up to 9,200 pounds.
Ford Expedition Towing Features
Boosting the Ford Expedition’s towing capabilities are a variety of features including:
- Available Pro Trailer Backup Assist: Rotate the knob left or right in the direction you want the trailer to go to help you steer the trailer in reverse more confidently.
- Heavy-Duty Trailer Tow Package: Opt for this package for a heavy-duty radiator, an integrated trailer brake controller, two-speed automatic 4WD with neutral towing capability, and more.
- Blind Spot Information System® with Trailer Coverage: Keep up with your blind spots around your vehicle as well as around the trailer.
- Terrain Management System: Choose from up to seven preset modes to optimize driving dynamics for specific road conditions around Montgomery.
- Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control: Maintain control as you ascend or descend hills, especially when you’re towing.
Other highlights include Trailer Sway Control, AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™), and a limited-slip differential.
Additional Features and Specs
Along with the specified towing features, the 2019 Ford Expedition also comes equipped with amenities and storage options for Yorkville-area drivers such as:
- Cargo Management System
- Available Advanced Cargo Manager
- Cargo protector
- Cargo net
- 15 cupholders
- Center console armrest and large storage bin with lid
Test Drive the New Expedition at River View Ford!
Now that you know a bit about the 2019 Ford Expedition towing capacity, find out how it compares to other Ford three-row SUVs. From there, get in touch with River View Ford to schedule a test drive! We can’t wait for you to experience the Expedition for yourself.
More from River View Ford
Curious about how much the new Ford Expedition can tow for your adventures outside of Naperville? In addition to 8-person seating and maximum cargo space measuring between 104.6 cubic feet and 121.5 cubic feet, the Ford Expedition boasts best-in-class towing* at a max of 9,300 pounds. Learn more with River View Ford! Expedition Inventory Expedition Comparison Ford…
Curious about the 2019 Ford Fusion mpg ratings? If you want to get around Naperville efficiently, then the new Ford Fusion is the model for you, given its EPA-estimated 23 mpg city and 34 mpg highway. What’s more, there are two additional highly efficient Fusion options, as well: the Ford Fusion Hybrid and the Ford…
Want to try a new place to eat after exploring Plainfield? Looking for a place for the whole family, a night out with friends, or a date with your significant other? Consider this list of best restaurants in Oswego, IL from River View Ford for some suggestions! Contact Us Oswego Family Restaurant A staple in the Naperville…