What is the Towing Capacity of a 2020 Ford F-150?
Shopping around Naperville for a new pickup truck? You be comparing Ford and Chevy options, but look no further than the 2020 Ford F-150 at River View Ford! The new Ford F-150 is the perfect truck whether you’re looking for a new work truck, or you just need something to take you on those weekend adventures. What is the towing capacity of the Ford F-150? When properly equipped, the 2020 F-150 Towing Capacity has a maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds. Browse through F-150 engine specs and towing capacities below, courtesy of the team at River View Ford!
2020 F-150 Towing Capacity by Engine
Piecing together your F-150 means selecting from one of the six available engine options. From the baseline 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 to the 3.5L EcoBoost® V6, there is plenty of power to be had with an F-150. Here are the F-150 towing capacities by engine:
3.3L Ti-VCT V6
- 290 hp / 265 lb-ft of torque
- 7,700-pound maximum towing capacity
2.7L EcoBoost® V6
- 325 hp / 400 lb-ft of torque
- 8,500-pound maximum towing capacity
5.0L Ti-VCT V8
- 395 hp / 400 lb-ft of torque
- 11,600-pound maximum towing capacity
3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine
- 250 hp / 440 lb-ft of torque
- 11,500-pound maximum towing capacity
High-Output 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 on the Ford Raptor
- 450 hp / 510 lb-ft of torque
- 11,100-pound maximum towing capacity
3.5L EcoBoost® V6
- 375 hp / 470 lb-ft of torque
- 13,200-pound maximum towing capacity
2020 F-150 Towing Features and Technology
No matter how tough or heavy that Yorkville may be, the F-150 is built to handle it. Outside of having a large bed size, the F-150 is also equipped with a great selection of standard towing features to help you along the way. Explore the various F-150 towing features that you can expect to find on this new model:
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™: Synchronizes your truck and trailer when you’re reversing.
- BLIS® (Blind Spot Information System) With Trailer Coverage: BLIS® provides added confidence when changing lanes while towing.
- Dynamic Hitch Assist With Line-of-Sight Guidance: Bring the hitch to the trailer receiver on the first try!
- 8-Inch Productivity Screen: Receive up-to-date info on your truck and your trailer with driving through Naperville so you know that everything is running smooth.
- Factory-Installed Trailer Brake Controller: Make stop-and-go traffic less stressful knowing you’ll be in control when you hit the brakes.
Before you start towing everything in sight, read through these towing tips:
- Tightly secure all items being towed
- Be extra vigilant of your surroundings on the highway and when changing lanes
- Leave extra space between you and the vehicle ahead of you
- Make sure your truck and trailer tires are properly inflated
Find a New F-150 at River View Ford
Ready to experience the raw power of the 2020 Ford F-150 towing capacity for yourself? If you want to schedule a test drive, or you have questions, feel free to contact us today! Once you’re ready to start the car buying process, you can apply for financing from the comfort of your home! Don’t forget to browse our new Ford specials as well!
More From River View Ford
Both on and off road, the new Ford Bronco is a fierce performer, and you can find it within the new Ford inventory at River View Ford. You may be wondering specifically how much the Bronco can tow before you make a final decision. The 2021 Ford Bronco towing capacity reaches 3,500 pounds, which is more…
Look forward to a Ford Ranger towing capacity of up to 7,500 pounds on the Montgomery roads when this midsize pickup truck is properly equipped. The best part is, you can achieve this Ford Ranger towing capacity no matter which of the three models you select. Learn more about the new Ranger’s tow ratings…
Your choice of 2021 Ford F-150 bed size ultimately comes down to your driving demands in the Naperville area. If you need to haul materials to the job site, a larger bed size will serve you well, whereas a smaller bed with a larger cab is better for passenger transportation. Pick out the ideal…