What Is the 2020 Ford Ranger Towing Capacity?
How much can the 2020 Ford Ranger tow? The Ford Ranger towing capacity maxes out at 7,500 pounds, but this is just one noteworthy aspect of this Ford midsize truck. In fact, the new Ranger also boasts a best-in-class payload of 1,860 pounds, delivers impressive fuel economy returns, and proves just as comfortable on the roads of Naperville as it is off of them. Discover the Ford Ranger specs in this guide from River View Ford before you get in touch to schedule a test drive in Oswego.
2020 Ford Ranger: Performance Specs
Across the Ford Ranger lineup, you will have access to the 7,500-pound towing capacity. Explore additional specs that contribute to the well-rounded performance of the 2020 Ford Ranger.
- Standard 2.3L EcoBoost® engine
- 270 hp
- 310 lb-ft of torque
- 4×2 and 4×4 drivetrain options
- EPA-estimated 21 mpg city and 26 mpg highway
2020 Ford Ranger: Towing Features
The Ford Ranger towing capacity is undoubtedly impressive, but if you’re like other Montgomery-area drivers, you want to know how you can get the most out of your towing experience. Take advantage of the following features:
- Trailer Sway Control
- Trailer towing – 4-pin wiring, ball mounting provisions in the rear bumper
- Electronic Power-Assist Steering (EPAS) Electric Motor
- Electronic Shift-on-the-Fly (ESOF) with Neutral Towing Capability (4×4 only)
- Available Hill Descent Control™ within Trail Control™ system
2020 Ford Ranger: Off-Road Prowess
Performance capabilities extend beyond the Ford Ranger towing capacity. That’s because this Ford midsize pickup truck is renowned for its off-road prowess, bolstered by features like:
- Ford Performance Level 1 Package: FOX off-road suspension leveling kit, OEM aluminum wheels with matte Dyno Gray finish, and Ford Performance graphics
- Ford Performance Level 2 Package: Blue tow hooks, RIGID® off-road fog light kit, and BFGoodrich KO2 all-terrain tires
- Ford Performance Level 3 Package: Red tow hooks, Ford Performance by ARB winch capable front bumper, and Ford Performance Sport exhaust system
- FX2 Package: 17-inch off-road tires, electronic-locking rear differential, and off-road suspension
- FX4 Off-Road Package: All-terrain tires, tuned off-road monotube shocks, electronic-locking rear differential, heavy-duty front skid plate, Terrain Management System™ with four selectable drive modes, Trail Control™, and more
Find the 2020 Ford Ranger at River View Ford
Ready to drive the 2020 Ford Ranger around Yorkville and take your performance and towing capabilities to the next level? Apply for financing with River View Ford to get started, and then visit us in Oswego today!
More from River View Ford
How much can the 2020 Ford Ranger tow? The Ford Ranger towing capacity maxes out at 7,500 pounds, but this is just one noteworthy aspect of this Ford midsize truck. In fact, the new Ranger also boasts a best-in-class payload of 1,860 pounds, delivers impressive fuel economy returns, and proves just as comfortable on the…
With the 2020 Ford Explorer, how many seats are there? What are the Ford Explorer dimensions? How much Ford Explorer cargo space is there? There’s no question that the interior of the new Ford Explorer is noteworthy, given its ample passenger space and high-end amenities. But before you decide whether it’s right for your Naperville…
How much can the new Ford Edge tow? When properly equipped, the 2020 Ford Edge towing capacity maxes out at 3,500 pounds. This is in addition to ample cargo space and storage features, meaning you can load up your Ford Edge for adventures in and around Naperville with ease. Discover the Ford Edge engine lineup…