What Is the 2020 Ford Ranger Towing Capacity?
How much can the 2020 Ford Ranger tow? The Ford Ranger towing capacity maxes out at 7,500 pounds, but this is just one noteworthy aspect of this Ford midsize truck. In fact, the new Ranger also boasts a best-in-class payload of 1,860 pounds, delivers impressive fuel economy returns, and proves just as comfortable on the roads of Naperville as it is off of them. Discover the Ford Ranger specs in this guide from River View Ford before you get in touch to schedule a test drive in Oswego.
2020 Ford Ranger: Performance Specs
Across the Ford Ranger lineup, you will have access to the 7,500-pound towing capacity. Explore additional specs that contribute to the well-rounded performance of the 2020 Ford Ranger.
- Standard 2.3L EcoBoost® engine
- 270 hp
- 310 lb-ft of torque
- 4×2 and 4×4 drivetrain options
- EPA-estimated 21 mpg city and 26 mpg highway
2020 Ford Ranger: Towing Features
The Ford Ranger towing capacity is undoubtedly impressive, but if you’re like other Montgomery-area drivers, you want to know how you can get the most out of your towing experience. Take advantage of the following features:
- Trailer Sway Control
- Trailer towing – 4-pin wiring, ball mounting provisions in the rear bumper
- Electronic Power-Assist Steering (EPAS) Electric Motor
- Electronic Shift-on-the-Fly (ESOF) with Neutral Towing Capability (4×4 only)
- Available Hill Descent Control™ within Trail Control™ system
2020 Ford Ranger: Off-Road Prowess
Performance capabilities extend beyond the Ford Ranger towing capacity. That’s because this Ford midsize pickup truck is renowned for its off-road prowess, bolstered by features like:
- Ford Performance Level 1 Package: FOX off-road suspension leveling kit, OEM aluminum wheels with matte Dyno Gray finish, and Ford Performance graphics
- Ford Performance Level 2 Package: Blue tow hooks, RIGID® off-road fog light kit, and BFGoodrich KO2 all-terrain tires
- Ford Performance Level 3 Package: Red tow hooks, Ford Performance by ARB winch capable front bumper, and Ford Performance Sport exhaust system
- FX2 Package: 17-inch off-road tires, electronic-locking rear differential, and off-road suspension
- FX4 Off-Road Package: All-terrain tires, tuned off-road monotube shocks, electronic-locking rear differential, heavy-duty front skid plate, Terrain Management System™ with four selectable drive modes, Trail Control™, and more
Find the 2020 Ford Ranger at River View Ford
Ready to drive the 2020 Ford Ranger around Yorkville and take your performance and towing capabilities to the next level? Apply for financing with River View Ford to get started, and then visit us in Oswego today!
Want to do more research? Look ahead to the 2021 model year and explore the Ford Ranger interior!
More from River View Ford
Both on and off road, the new Ford Bronco is a fierce performer, and you can find it within the new Ford inventory at River View Ford. You may be wondering specifically how much the Bronco can tow before you make a final decision. The 2021 Ford Bronco towing capacity reaches 3,500 pounds, which is more…
Look forward to a Ford Ranger towing capacity of up to 7,500 pounds on the Montgomery roads when this midsize pickup truck is properly equipped. The best part is, you can achieve this Ford Ranger towing capacity no matter which of the three models you select. Learn more about the new Ranger’s tow ratings…
Your choice of 2021 Ford F-150 bed size ultimately comes down to your driving demands in the Naperville area. If you need to haul materials to the job site, a larger bed size will serve you well, whereas a smaller bed with a larger cab is better for passenger transportation. Pick out the ideal…