Welcome to Your Local Ford Dealer Near Montgomery!
As your local Ford dealer near Montgomery, River View Ford in Oswego has been serving drivers in the area for more than two decades. However, Montgomery has been home to thousands of people for over 150 years, and it has a vast history to match. Learn more about the area with River View Ford!
European settlers began arriving in the Montgomery area in the 1830s, and the first wooden house was built by Daniel S. Gray, located near the bank of the Fox River. He is considered the founder of Montgomery, and he launched a number of companies, such as a tavern, a store, a warehouse, a stone grain mill, and more. The village of Montgomery was then incorporated in 1858, and as of 2010, there were 18,438 people living in Montgomery.
Fun Facts About Montgomery
Now that you have read a brief history of Montgomery, check out these fun facts about the town:
- Lyon Metal, founded in 1904 in Montgomery, participated in the World War II efforts.
- Between 2000 and 2010, the Montgomery population grew by 237%, which established Montgomery as the 9th-fastest growing municipality in the state of Illinois that decade.
- A few notable people who hail from Montgomery include Carole Mathews (an actress who appeared on The Californians and was Miss Chicago in 1938) and Sean Rash, a professional 10-pin bowler originally from Alaska.
Things to Do Near Montgomery
Curious what there is to do in the Montgomery area? A few suggestions from River View Ford include:
- Blackberry Farm Historical Village
- Mind Trap Escape Room
- Phillips Park Zoo
- Nock and Feature Kustom Archery
- Scitech Hands On Museum
- Raging Waves Waterpark
Visit River View Ford Near Montgomery!
Located just 10 minutes from Montgomery, River View Ford has all drivers from the Naperville area and beyond covered when it comes to new Ford models, used car options, automotive service, and more. We’re committed to the Montgomery-area community, giving back to our friends, neighbors, customers, and more. Make your way from Montgomery or Yorkville to learn more, or get in touch if you have any questions!