How to Remove Stickers from Your Car
Wondering how to remove stickers from your car without damaging the glass or paint or leaving behind any sticky residue? Keep your vehicle looking fresh on your drives around Naperville by properly removing car stickers with these tips from River View Ford!
Steps to Remove Stickers from Your Car
Whether it’s a required city sticker or a fun bumper sticker you wanted to show off in the Montgomery area, you may reach a point where it’s time to remove it. Follow these steps to do so safely!
- Gather your supplies – a hairdryer, a razor blade or box cutter for glass stickers, a sturdy plastic card and clean rags.
- Clean the area surrounding the sticker to ensure that it is free of dirt.
- Plug in the hairdryer and direct hot air at the sticker, just a few inches from the surface. Make sure to heat the edges of the sticker last.
- Once heated, use the plastic card to gently scrape up the glue under the sticker. If the sticker is hot enough, you should be able to get the card under the edge of the sticker and peel it and the adhesive away.
- If the sticker is on glass, use a box cutter or razor blade at a slight angle to remove it. Don’t use these on your car’s paint, as they will cause damage.
- Repeat the heating and removal process a few more times if necessary.
How to Remove Sticker Residue
You may have already figured out how to get stickers off car, but the surface might still be sticky. Here’s how to remove sticker residue:
- Repeat the steps for removing car stickers to get rid of any residue or remnants.
- Use a few drops of tree sap remover on a clean rag and scrub residue away.
- Use the box cutter or razor blade to scrape away sticker residue on glass.
Schedule Service with River View Ford!
Yorkville residents can turn to the Service Center at River View Ford for all their automotive needs, whether it’s changing a brake light, removing a key stuck in the ignition, or repairing paint damage from improper sticker removal. Contact our team today!