How to Sync my Phone to My F-150
- SYNC Connect powered by FordPass
- SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot
Feel like taking advantage? We’ve made it easy by mapping out every step to connect your Ford F-150 with SYNC.
Ford F-150 SYNC in Easy Steps
Before you start, make sure:
- Your phone is compatible with SYNC 3.
- You’re familiar with the controls of your Ford F-150.
- Your vehicle is running in Park — SYNC 3 won’t pair in Accessory mode.
When you have those points checked and sorted, simply follow these easy steps:
- Turn on your vehicle and its radio.
- Turn on your mobile phone and enable its Bluetooth feature to make the device discoverable.
- Navigate to your Ford F-150’s SYNC 3 touchscreen, then press “Add Device.”
- Scan for devices on your mobile phone until SYNC is found.
- Select SYNC on your mobile device and wait until a six-digit PIN is displayed on the phone and on your Ford F-150 touchscreen.
- When prompted, confirm the PIN on your SYNC touchscreen matches the PIN displayed on your phone.
- Your SYNC display should now indicate that pairing was successful. You have the option to display 911 Assist status, which is “Off” by default, and enable the Auto-Download Contacts feature, which is “On” by default.
- When you’re done, simply press the “Finish” button.
Why Use SYNC 3?
There are plenty of drivers out there who have phones and Ford F-150’s compatible with SYNC 3 but haven’t yet made the pairing. We think that’s because they just aren’t aware of the benefits, which include:
- Ford+Alexa to access Voice Navigation, Traffic Information, over 30,000 Skills, and Amazon Prime shopping.
- SYNC Connect powered by FordPass to perform remote actions, such as locking and unlocking.
- SYNC Connect Wi-Fi Hotspot to provide a strong, reliable connection to the web.
Whether you want to lock your vehicle when it’s in Plainfield and you’re in Aurora or feel like letting passengers surf the net as you cruise from Naperville to Chicago, SYNC 3 is always thinking up ways to improve your drive.
The River View Ford Team Can Answer Your SYNC3 Questions
If you need any further assistance with SYNC3 features or if you want to arrange /fords-sync-3/ a test drive in a SYNC-enabled Ford F-150, all you need to do is contact River View Ford today!