How Can You Use the 2018 Ford F-150 Payload?
The 2018 Ford F-150 is a groundbreaking half-ton pickup. It’s hard not to feel a rush of adrenaline as you call on:
- Up to 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque
- Best-in-class 3,270-pound maximum payload
- Best-in-class 13,200-pound maximum tow rating
Such muscle grants the opportunity to tow more behind you and carry more in the bed than any other rival model.
The 2018 Ford F-150 Difference
The new Ford F-150’s maximum 450 hp and 510 lb-ft of torque comes through a unique 3.5L V6 engine, but power is only part of the story. The Ford’s outstanding payload rating comes courtesy of:
- Military-Grade Aluminum Body: The all-aluminum body was a risk, but the payoff was worth it. Weight dropped by up to 700 pounds, and dropping weight it one of the best ways to increase payload capacity.
- Boxed Steel Frame: Beneath the revolutionary body lies a fully-boxed frame made up of up to 78 percent high-strength steel, so feel free to stack the cargo bed high and heavy.
Ford trucks are built around innovation. It’s why the new Ford F-150’s 3,270-pound payload capacity outpaces the competition by such a margin:
- 2018 Ram 1500: 1,900 pounds of maximum payload
- 2018 Chevrolet Silverado: 2,250 pounds of maximum payload
What Can You Carry With the 2018 Ford F-150?
3,270 pounds sounds impressive, and it’s a payload rating able to carry:
- Up to 109 Cinder Blocks: Your average cinder block weighs in at around 30 pounds. With the Ford F-150, you can carry up to 109 of them.
- Up to 3 Grand Pianos: A concert grand piano tips the scales at 1,000 pounds, so feel free to stack three in the back of the 2018 Ford F-150.
- Ford Focus Sedan: The 2018 Ford Focus Sedan comes in at a curb weight of 2,952 pounds. If you somehow manage to get one in your truck bed, you’ll still have close to 300 pounds to spare.
The Latest Ford F-150 is an Unrivalled Half-Ton Pickup
Whether you need to carry cargo between Plainfield and Aurora or take advantage of best-in-class towing around Naperville, the Ford F-150 can manage better than anything else on the market. Contact us today to find out more or arrange a test drive.