How Much Can a 2019 Ford Explorer Tow?
When properly equipped, the 2019 Ford Explorer can tow an impressive 3,000 to 5,000 pounds. Additionally, it has a notable payload capacity of 1,259 to 1,717 pounds. No matter if you’re towing a boat to the Fox River or hauling materials for a construction project in Yorkville, the new Ford Explorer SUV has the muscle to get the job done. Discover the power of the new Ford Explorer as we break down the towing capacity, performance, and features below!
2019 Ford Explorer Engine Options
Under the hood of the Ford Explorer, Montgomery drivers can choose from three burly engines:
- 3.5L V6: Thanks to Ti-VCT (twin independent variable camshaft timing), this engine produces 290 hp and 255 lb-ft of torque, and delivers solid performance across low, medium, and high power ranges.
- 2.3L EcoBoost® 4-Cylinder: Experience an EPA-estimated 19 mpg city / 27 mpg highway and 280 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque from this capable and efficient engine.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6: The robust 3.5L engine uses turbocharging and direct injection to generate 365 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. You can find this engine standard on the Sport and Platinum trim levels.
2019 Ford Explorer Towing Packages
For a little extra grit, you can enhance the towing capabilities of your 2019 Ford Explorer SUV with one of two towing packages:
- Class II Trailer Tow Package: This package equips your Ford Explorer with the 2.3L engine and includes everything you need to tow up to 3,000 pounds, such as a frame-mounted hitch and wiring harness.
- Class III Trailer Tow Package: Available with the 3.5L V6 engine, this package includes an engine oil cooler, a frame-mounted hitch, and four- and seven-pin trailer connectors. Add on this package and increase your towing capabilities up to 5,000 pounds.
Towing Safety Features
Ford drivers know that their vehicles are designed to work harder and smarter than the competition. Intelligent safety features can be found on a variety of Ford models, including these options for the 2019 Explorer:
- Intelligent 4WD with Terrain Management System™: Tackle tough terrain with this system which allows you to switch between Normal, Mud/Rut, Sand, or Grass/Gravel/Snow modes.
- AdvanceTrac® with Roll Stability Control™: AdvanceTrac® with RSC™ monitors yaw and roll rates using gyroscopic sensors, and helps retain control in the event of wheel-slip, understeer, or oversteer. It also includes Curve Control, which slows the Explorer’s speed during tight cornering.
Experience the Strength of the 2019 Explorer at River View Ford!
See what else the 2019 Ford Explorer can do, and compare it to the Ford Expedition, with a test drive at River View Ford. We can get you behind the wheel of Ford SUV for a great price with our new vehicle specials. Take a look and then visit us today in Oswego. Looking for even greater towing power? Check out the 2019 F-150 towing capacity.
More From River View Ford
Curious about how much the new Ford Expedition can tow for your adventures outside of Naperville? In addition to 8-person seating and maximum cargo space measuring between 104.6 cubic feet and 121.5 cubic feet, the Ford Expedition boasts best-in-class towing* at a max of 9,300 pounds. Learn more with River View Ford! Expedition Inventory Expedition Comparison Ford…
Curious about the 2019 Ford Fusion mpg ratings? If you want to get around Naperville efficiently, then the new Ford Fusion is the model for you, given its EPA-estimated 23 mpg city and 34 mpg highway. What’s more, there are two additional highly efficient Fusion options, as well: the Ford Fusion Hybrid and the Ford…
Want to try a new place to eat after exploring Plainfield? Looking for a place for the whole family, a night out with friends, or a date with your significant other? Consider this list of best restaurants in Oswego, IL from River View Ford for some suggestions! Contact Us Oswego Family Restaurant A staple in the Naperville…