What is the Towing Capacity of a Ford F-150?
If you’re looking for a truck that works as hard as you do on Naperville jobs and has plenty to offer in terms of performance, you’ll find it in the 2019 Ford F-150! For starters, the F-150 boasts a Best-in-Class maximum towing capacity of 13,200 pounds. This pickup’s performance specs are sure to impress, no matter which trim level you settle on. You’ll be even more impressed when you see how the F-150 stands up against the competition.
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Capacity Specs
The F-150 is available in seven configurations with a choice of five powerful engines. The towing capacity you receive will depend on which trim and engine you choose. Here’s an in-depth look at the F-150 towing capacities, by engine:
- 3.3L Ti-VCT V6 Engine: Max towing capacity is 7,700 pounds.
- 2.7L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Max towing capacity is 9,000 pounds.
- 5.0L Ti-VCT V8 Engine: Max towing capacity is 11,600 pounds.
- 3.0L Power Stroke® Diesel Engine: Max towing capacity of 11,400 pounds.
- 3.5L EcoBoost® V6 Engine: Max towing capacity of 13,200 pounds.
2019 Ford F-150 Towing Tips
When you follow our best towing tips, you’ll always be confident when pulling a trailer or a camper through Montgomery:
- Double check that all four of your tires, as well as your trailer’s tires, are properly inflated.
- Before driving through Yorkville, ensure everything you’re hauling is securely tied down.
- Maintain a safe distance from the car ahead of you.
- Keep your trailer length in mind when changing lanes or passing another driver.
- Take extra precautions when merging.
- Don’t forget to utilize these intuitive Ford towing features!
- Dynamic hitch assist with line-of-site guide
- Pro Trailer Backup Assist™
- Factory-installed trailer brake controller
- 8-inch productivity screen provides trailer information
- BLIS® Blind Spot Monitoring System with trailer coverage
- Smart trailer tow connector
Test Drive the F-150 at River View Ford Today!
As if Best-in-Class towing weren’t enough, the 2019 Ford F-150 also gets a Best-in-Class payload capacity of 3,270 pounds when equipped with a 5.0L V8 engine! When you’re ready to get behind the wheel, contact us to schedule a test drive in Oswego. Before you stop by, don’t forget to check out our latest new vehicle specials! Wondering what the difference is between the F-150 and the F-150 Raptor? The Raptor is an exclusive trim that’s built to handle even the toughest off-road conditions – compare the F-150 vs. Raptor to learn more.
What does “F-150” stand for, anyway? If you’ve ever asked yourself this question, you can find out the answer once and for all with River View Ford!
More from River View Ford
The 2020 Ford Escape has arrived in Oswego with a complete redesign, but rest assured that all updates only serve to enhance the Escape’s already impressive capabilities. In fact, the Ford Escape towing capacity remains quite strong, allowing drivers to haul up to 3,500 pounds around Naperville. Of course, the Ford Escape engine that you…
Curious about how much the new Ford Expedition can tow for your adventures outside of Naperville? In addition to 8-person seating and maximum cargo space measuring between 104.6 cubic feet and 121.5 cubic feet, the Ford Expedition boasts best-in-class towing* at a max of 9,300 pounds. Learn more with River View Ford! Expedition Inventory Expedition Comparison Ford…
Curious about the 2019 Ford Fusion mpg ratings? If you want to get around Naperville efficiently, then the new Ford Fusion is the model for you, given its EPA-estimated 23 mpg city and 34 mpg highway. What’s more, there are two additional highly efficient Fusion options, as well: the Ford Fusion Hybrid and the Ford…