How to Pair Your Smartphone With Ford SYNC
The Ford SYNC infotainment system not only adds convenient control over a variety of features in your vehicle — it also allows for safe, easy use of your phone while driving. Need to know how to pair phone with Ford SYNC? It’s a breeze. Following these simple steps will help you add your phone to SYNC in no time.
Connect Your Phone to Ford SYNC — It’s Easy as 1-2-3!
- First, turn on your smartphone, followed by your Ford vehicle, and then the Ford SYNC system.
- Enable Bluetooth on your smartphone through the “settings” menu and then the “connections” menu. Make sure that your device is set to “discoverable.”
- Press the Phone button to access the Phone Menu, then press Add.
- Scan for devices on your phone until SYNC is found.
- Select SYNC on your phone, which will give you a six-digit PIN.
- Your phone will issue a prompt asking you to confirm that the six-digit PIN on your phone matches the six-digit PIN on your SYNC screen.
- After confirming this, the SYNC display will indicate that the pairing was successful.
- Press the “Finish” button — and you’re done!
How to Add Apps to SYNC
SYNC 3 offers SYNC AppLink, which lets you use voice commands and steering wheel buttons to control apps on your smartphone or other device. You can book a restaurant in Naperville or Aurora using OpenTable, arrange tickets in Plainfield using MovieTickets.com, and more.
Here’s how you make it happen:
- Make sure your phone is paired and connected to SYNC. iPhones must be connected via a USB cable.
- Open your chosen app and have it running on your smartphone.
- Press the Apps icon on your SYNC Feature bar and select the app you wish to use.
- You can now use AppLink to control the app using the SYNC touchscreen or voice commands.
Questions About How to Add Your Phone to Ford SYNC?
Should you find yourself having trouble using your Ford SYNC infotainment system, if you fail to connect phone to SYNC, or if things don’t seem to be working correctly, contact River View Ford in Oswego, IL. If you have any questions about your warranty in the event that any part of your Ford isn’t functioning the way it should, we’ll be happy to assist you with that as well!