How to Pair Your Smartphone With Ford SYNC
Wondering how to “SYNC my ride?” The Ford SYNC infotainment system not only adds convenient control over a variety of features in your vehicle — it also allows for safe, easy use of your phone while driving, especially when you need assistance navigating to any of these Mexican restaurants in Plainfield. Need to know how to pair a phone with Ford SYNC? It’s a breeze. Following these simple steps will help you add your phone to SYNC in no time. We also assist you with connecting to Ford SYNC mobile apps, so that you can easily explore Oswego and the surrounding area with your favorite navigation and entertainment apps!
Connect Your Phone to Ford SYNC — It’s Easy as 1-2-3!
- First, turn on your smartphone, followed by your Ford vehicle, and then the Ford SYNC system.
- Enable Bluetooth on your smartphone through the “Settings” menu, and then the “Connections” menu. Make sure that your device is set to “Discoverable.”
- Press the Phone button to access the Phone Menu, then press Add.
- Scan for devices on your phone until SYNC is found.
- Select SYNC on your phone, which will give you a six-digit PIN.
- Your phone will prompt you to confirm that the six-digit PIN on your phone matches the six-digit PIN on your SYNC screen.
- After confirming, the SYNC display will indicate that the pairing was successful.
- Press the “Finish” button — and you’re done!
How to Add SYNC 3 Apps
SYNC 3 offers SYNC AppLink, which lets you use voice commands and steering wheel buttons to control apps on your smartphone or other device. With Ford SYNC mobile apps, you can make reservations at one of the best restaurants in Oswego using OpenTable, arrange tickets in Plainfield using MovieTickets.com, and more.
Here’s how to make it happen:
- Make sure your phone is paired and connected to SYNC. iPhones must be connected via a USB cable.
- Open your chosen app and have it running on your smartphone.
- Press the Apps icon on your SYNC Feature bar, and select the app you wish to use.
- You can now use AppLink to control the app using the SYNC touchscreen or voice commands.
Questions About How to Add Your Phone to Ford SYNC?
Should you find yourself having trouble using your Ford SYNC infotainment system, if you fail to connect phone to SYNC, or if things don’t seem to be working correctly, contact River View Ford in Oswego, IL. If you have any questions about your warranty in the event that any part of your Ford isn’t functioning the way it should, we’ll be happy to assist you with that as well! You can also learn whether it’s possible to upgrade from Ford SYNC to Ford SYNC 3 inside your Ford Escape or Ford F-150!
More From River View Ford
How much can the 2020 Ford Ranger tow? The Ford Ranger towing capacity maxes out at 7,500 pounds, but this is just one noteworthy aspect of this Ford midsize truck. In fact, the new Ranger also boasts a best-in-class payload of 1,860 pounds, delivers impressive fuel economy returns, and proves just as comfortable on the…
With the 2020 Ford Explorer, how many seats are there? What are the Ford Explorer dimensions? How much Ford Explorer cargo space is there? There’s no question that the interior of the new Ford Explorer is noteworthy, given its ample passenger space and high-end amenities. But before you decide whether it’s right for your Naperville…
How much can the new Ford Edge tow? When properly equipped, the 2020 Ford Edge towing capacity maxes out at 3,500 pounds. This is in addition to ample cargo space and storage features, meaning you can load up your Ford Edge for adventures in and around Naperville with ease. Discover the Ford Edge engine lineup…