How to Pair Your Smartphone With Ford SYNC
Wondering how to “SYNC my ride?” The Ford SYNC infotainment system not only adds convenient control over a variety of features in your vehicle — it also allows for safe, easy use of your phone while driving, especially when you need assistance navigating to any of these Mexican restaurants in Plainfield. Need to know how to pair a phone with Ford SYNC? It’s a breeze. Following these simple steps will help you add your phone to SYNC in no time. We also assist you with connecting to Ford SYNC mobile apps, so that you can easily explore Oswego and the surrounding area with your favorite navigation and entertainment apps!
Connect Your Phone to Ford SYNC — It’s Easy as 1-2-3!
- First, turn on your smartphone, followed by your Ford vehicle, and then the Ford SYNC system.
- Enable Bluetooth on your smartphone through the “Settings” menu, and then the “Connections” menu. Make sure that your device is set to “Discoverable.”
- Press the Phone button to access the Phone Menu, then press Add.
- Scan for devices on your phone until SYNC is found.
- Select SYNC on your phone, which will give you a six-digit PIN.
- Your phone will prompt you to confirm that the six-digit PIN on your phone matches the six-digit PIN on your SYNC screen.
- After confirming, the SYNC display will indicate that the pairing was successful.
- Press the “Finish” button — and you’re done!
How to Add SYNC 3 Apps
SYNC 3 offers SYNC AppLink, which lets you use voice commands and steering wheel buttons to control apps on your smartphone or other device. With Ford SYNC mobile apps, you can make reservations at one of the best restaurants in Oswego using OpenTable, arrange tickets in Plainfield using MovieTickets.com, and more.
Here’s how to make it happen:
- Make sure your phone is paired and connected to SYNC. iPhones must be connected via a USB cable.
- Open your chosen app and have it running on your smartphone.
- Press the Apps icon on your SYNC Feature bar, and select the app you wish to use.
- You can now use AppLink to control the app using the SYNC touchscreen or voice commands.
Questions About How to Add Your Phone to Ford SYNC?
Should you find yourself having trouble using your Ford SYNC infotainment system, if you fail to connect phone to SYNC, or if things don’t seem to be working correctly, contact River View Ford in Oswego, IL. If you have any questions about your warranty in the event that any part of your Ford isn’t functioning the way it should, we’ll be happy to assist you with that as well! You can also learn whether it’s possible to upgrade from Ford SYNC to Ford SYNC 3 inside your Ford Escape or Ford F-150!
More From River View Ford
Curious about how much the new Ford Expedition can tow for your adventures outside of Naperville? In addition to 8-person seating and maximum cargo space measuring between 104.6 cubic feet and 121.5 cubic feet, the Ford Expedition boasts best-in-class towing* at a max of 9,300 pounds. Learn more with River View Ford! Expedition Inventory Expedition Comparison Ford…
Curious about the 2019 Ford Fusion mpg ratings? If you want to get around Naperville efficiently, then the new Ford Fusion is the model for you, given its EPA-estimated 23 mpg city and 34 mpg highway. What’s more, there are two additional highly efficient Fusion options, as well: the Ford Fusion Hybrid and the Ford…
Want to try a new place to eat after exploring Plainfield? Looking for a place for the whole family, a night out with friends, or a date with your significant other? Consider this list of best restaurants in Oswego, IL from River View Ford for some suggestions! Contact Us Oswego Family Restaurant A staple in the Naperville…